Pearl general pricingGrading:
Prices for pearls are made according to the following grading system:
- Shape: Round - Pear - oval - Baroque
- Shape perfection: Perfect - Near perfect - Medium - Fair - Poor
- Luster: Very Good - Good - Medium - Fair - Poor
- Surface accidents: None - few accidents - accidents - many accidents
It is important to know that pearls always have a secondary colr (luster color):
The secondary colors are mostly green and thepink on the white pearls which gives the violet (plumb), and the green on black pearls. When mixing pearls and gemstones we try to choose the right secondary color that matches the style.
Pearls are sold by the string (full drilling) or by the piece (half drilled for earrings and rings).
They are cheaper when purchased by strings of gradient sizes.
More expensive when purchased by strings of a single exact uniform size (special order from culture farm).
More expensive by piece or by pair.
MAIN ORIGINS Available
Fresh Water Pearl (China):
- Most suitable for silver Jewelry
- Very affordable
- Available by the piece (half drilled or full drilled)
- Available in Drop Shape, Oval Shape, Round shape
- Available colors: White, Black, Grey, Gold treated).
|Size||White Pearls||Gray Pearls||Black Pearls|
|3.5 - 4 mm||5/8/10/13/15/20||8||10/13|
|4 - 4.5 mm||10/12/14/25/30||10||10/15|
|4.5 - 5 mm||8/10/15/25/30||10||10|
|5 - 5.5 mm||8/10/15/20/23/25//30/40/45/60||10/24||7/8/10/15/20|
|5.5 - 6 mm||10/15/20/30/45/80/100||10||10|
|6 - 6.5 mm||15/20/25/30/35/45/50/80/100||20/30||10/15/35|
|6.5 - 7 mm||14/20/25/35/40/45/50/65/80/140||20/30||20/30/45/65|
|7 - 7.5 mm||20/25/45/65/80/85/100/150/180/200/240||40/50/65||20/25/60/65|
|7.5 - 8 mm||20/30/40/45/70/120/200/250/300||25/40/65/85/100||40/65/100|
|8 - 8.5 mm||80/100/150/200/220/280/400/500||40/75/85/150/180/200||80/100/130/150/180/200|
|8.5 - 9 mm||90/130/170/280/400/500/750/850/1650||280||200/300|
|9 - 9.5 mm||300/400/500/700/850/1250||500||250/500|
|9.5 - 10 mm||230/280/330/400/450/600/850/1200||450||450/650|
|10 - 10.5 mm||450/500/750/900/1200/1500/2500/3000||500||450/650/1000/1500|
|10.5 - 11 mm||230/700/900/2000/2500/3000||1000/1500/2000|
|11 - 11.5 mm||600/900/1000/1250/1500/2500/5000/6000||2500/3500||750/1200/2000|
|Size||Natural Pearls||Gold Pearls||Chocolate Pearls|
|3.5 - 4 mm||10|
|4 - 4.5 mm|
|4.5 - 5 mm||15/20|
|5 - 5.5 mm||10/15/25|
|5.5 - 6 mm||20/25||15/23|
|6 - 6.5 mm||15/20/35||30||35|
|6.5 - 7 mm||20/25/30/50||20//30/45||40|
|7 - 7.5 mm||25/50/85/100/130/180||25/400/130||60/75/85|
|7.5 - 8 mm||40/60/85/100/150/200||30/45/50/90|
|8 - 8.5 mm||85/150/180/300||60/70/85/100/120/180||80/130/150/240|
|8.5 - 9 mm||200/280/400||-||140/200/300|
|9 - 9.5 mm||500/700/850||200||500|
|9.5 - 10 mm||450/650/850/1300||650|
|10 - 10.5 mm||1500||350/500/1000|
|10.5 - 11 mm|
|11 - 11.5 mm||1250/3500||1000|
South Sea Pearls (AKuya), small sizes 6mm to 8 mm :
Cultured in Japan and China, this variety is well known for it's use in Jewelry.
The akoya oyster is the smallest pearl-producing oyster used in pearl culture today. Akoya pearls also tend to be small, ranging in size from about 2 to 10 millimeters. They also tend to be the most consistently round and near-round pearls, making them ideal in terms of matching for multi-pearl jewelry such as strands and bracelets.
- A string of 8 mm white pearls top quality, top luster would cost around 900 USD
- A similar string but of other color, and lower grade would cost around 500 USD
- Available by piece
- Available colors : White, Black, Grey
South Sea Pearls, bigger sizes 8 mm to 12 mm:
- A string between 10 mm and 12 mm white pearls in gradient of good quality and luster would cost around 3.000 to 3.500 USD.
- A string between 8 mm and 10 mm white pearls in gradient of good quality and luster would cost around 1500 to 2.500 USD
- A stringusing a single size (like all pearls 10 mm) would be 20% more expensive because it requires a selection at th farm and constitutes a special order. In 9 mm maybe they would surcharge less, but 10 mm is the most depended size, s if everyone wants this size they will not be able to matche the rest of the sizes in gradients, being short in 10 mm.
- For South Sea Pearls in bigger sizes we do not supply strings.
Pairs of South Sea Pearls up to 13 mm:
South Sea pearls when they are bought in pairs or as a single pearl tend to be more expensive because mostly prefect in shape and sold as a unique pearl or unique assortment. The price will mainly be influenced by the color and the luster.
- A pair of 13 mm white pearl with a nice luster be around 1.200 USD in a quotation for earrings with us.
- Bigger sizes are exceptional and prices are to be discussed case by case.
Please consider this example of design that we proposed to our customer in Bangkok :
This is a South Sea pearls necklace coming in a set with a pair of white pearls and princess diamonds earrings designed by us for a Customer in Thailand. The lady didn't have pierced ears and needed to have her earrings custom made.
The entire set, custom made was sold $3700 which wouldn't cover a similar pearl string (without the earrings) bought from a specialized wholesaler here in Bangkok, because we bought it directly from the farm in Japan.
Description of the necklace :
Size: 10 to 11 mm gradient sizes
Luster: good to very good
Quality: perfect rounds, very few surface accidents
6 Diamonds Princess cut :
Weight: 0.36 carats
Such items are ordered from Japan by order basis and should be paid up front because we cannot return them unless the quality does not correspond to the description. Therefore our customer needs to rely on our judgment for the quality and use the grading classification mentioned above (Shape, surface, luster) to describe his requirement.
Similar products are available in Thailand from wholesalers (faster delivery, but higher price than bought from the pearl culture farm)
Our supplier has a very strict and well organized classification system just like we would expect from a Japanese.
Useful Links about Jewelry and Gemology
Laboratories & schoolswww.aigslaboratory.com
Field trips in the mines
The best seller
Another famous gemologist
Blog gemmology and opals
Blog gemmology and opals
Forums & Networkswww.gemologyonline.com
The rendez-vous gemology
All about prices
Mostly about prices
All about everything
All about everything
This page is relative to jewelry design, wax modeling, wax printing, jewelry production and more specifically about pearl , pearl jewelry, south sea pearl,akuya, fresh water pearl. Our jewelry designers working by hand or on computers help in the modeling of custom jewelry. We are jewelry manufacturers in thailand making gold jewelry and silver design and production of jewelry lines in our jewelry factory. We do custom made jewelry and offer design services in order to provide a complete solution to our customers overseas.